Don

Default Problem with PSS shaft seal no pressure on bellows

The yard said they were able to tighten the seal (I assume by adjusting the
the shaft seal) The boat is in the water and I would hope not to haul it
until the fall. But I will have both bellows done in the fall.

However until then - where did you put the hose clamp? How did you keep it
from pushing the bellows against the roatating shaft?

"Mark" wrote in message
That happened to me after 12 years - it takes a set - try moving the
bellows position to make it tighter - I used a big hose clamp on the
bellows for a year to apply pressure till I changed it next year - the
bellows was about $65 or so. I replaced the shaft and both bearings at
the same time - so it's good for another 12+ years.

On 24 May 2004 16:46:30 GMT, pamsuks (JayCeeCG)
wrote:

I think that your bellows might be due for replacement. PSS changed

that part
as the old style bellows would take a "set" and not press the seal

together as
they should.

Question has anyone using the PSS system had the problem?

PS these things have worked perfectly on our for 9 years

Jared Crane