Canuck57[_9_] Canuck57[_9_] is offline

Default Marine radio transceivers....

On 16/07/2011 10:32 AM, Tim wrote:

My Marquis came with a Uniden MC 610 Marine Radio which I believe
isn't working. The LED digital selector comes on when it powers up
but that's about it.

That means it is getting power.

Don't really know what the problem is, but i think it's probably had.
So, I'm going to shop for a replacement.

Before going for a replacement, check the antenna. With an ohm meter,
disconnect the antenna cable and measure it for resistance or a short or
open. Could be just one of the ends is broken off from boat vibrations.

Or if you do buy a new one, do the antenna as well. Make sure you have
the right antenna and cable the radio.

Most often it is antenna or cable, todays solid state radios, if they
work for 30 days they will work for 30 years provided the antenna is
there. All you might need is a new cable or antenna.

--
Obama and the fleabaggers, installing debt-tax slavery
to unborn Americans, and ruination of the American economy