Peggie Hall

Default Toilet on a budget

DSK wrote:
Stephen Trapani wrote:

I need to replace a Groco (sp?) toilet, or I want to, it's old, it
doesn't work.

What do you mean by "doesn't work?" If it's just the pump, that can be
rebuilt for relatively little money.

Not necessarily, Doug. If the pump cylinder is old enough, it can be too
worn and scored for rebuilding to help much, which would require
replacing the pump assembly. If his Groco is old enough to be an HC or
HE (current model is HF) he'd have to buy the "upgrade kit" too, to make
it fit the base. Replacing the whole toilet would cost as much or even
less.

I'm tempted to go the cheapo route because I'm way over budget already

Buying a new toilet every couple of years will cost you more than
spending another $100 just once that'll give you at least 20 years of
reliable service if you only keep it lubricated and rebuild it every 5-6
years.

--
Peggie