santacruz

Default am I nuts? Wind generator question

yeh, you're nuts.

On Sun, 09 May 2004 20:43:12 GMT, beldar wrote:

I've got no experience with wind generation but will be jumping in with
both feet soon as we're moving to rigging for self-sufficiency. Here's
the scenario. The sailboat is 28' long. I'm looking at a KISS windgen
setup. I'm concerned about noise although the KISS unit is purportedly
one of the quietest. Please give me your thoughts about the wisdom or
lack thereof of mounting the generator at the top of the mast with the
mounting pole bracketed to the side of the mast. It's out of the way,
can rotate 360degrees and the noisemaker is placed some 40' from the
interior of the cabin. Obviously remounting an aerial or two will need
to happen and there would have to be some sort of rig to manually stall
the blades in highwind conditions. Please feel free to point out any
blatantly stupid reasons why I shouldn't be doing this...cuz I don't
know it all yet and I'm not afraid to ask!