*e#c *e#c is offline

Default Spring hopping

On Jun 8, 6:40*pm, Frogwatch wrote:
Just trying to increase the density of boating posts here.
This past Sunday, we went canoe/kayaking to the Chipola River north of
Marianna, FL. *Put in at the state Park and paddled upriver to a
series of springs called "Bozell Springs Group". *This is ythe perfect
thing to do on a blistering N. FL day. *Get to a crystal clear spring
with icy water and put on mask and snorkel and jump in. *Instant
relief from the heat.
1st spring was pretty and one could stand on the edge in waist deep
water and look down into the 25' deep water where it came from under
some rocks. *A lazy water moccasin was sunning on a branch but he
didn't want to bother anyone so we ignored him.
Next spring was really spectacular with two logs across it so one
could sit on them looking down into the deepspring with such forceful
flow that one could not swim down into it.
Third one was up a tiny spring run in the woods flowing from a deep
crack in the rocks, not a lot of flow.
4th was a tiny spring on the side of the bank only a few feet deep.
I was using my family's nearly 50 yr old Grumman 18' canoe which is a
really amazing craft, lighter than any of the kayaks and big enough to
carry 4 people. *Kayaks and I do not get along well cuz it is hard for
me to sit in that position for more'n a couple of minutes.I'll put up
with the harder paddling because of the ease of getting in and out
compared to a kayak and because I sit upright.
I am amazed at how much money people spend on kayaks. *One guy had a
new one costing about $1000 and it only carries one person. *IS it
really better than my daughters kayak that cost $300?

Sorry, Herring is outdoing you with his bull**** Obama-I'm-a-racist
posts.