Evan Gatehouse

Default Antifreeze Type?

"Jeff Morris" wrote in message
I'm in the middle of changing the antifreeze in my Yanmar 2GM20FC engines

and am
curious if I should change type.

I've been using Ethylene Glycol, following the advice of a Yanmar mechanic

who
said using Propylene Glycol would void my warranty. I've never been able

verify that, and I'm now long out of warranty so I'm wondering if its time

switch to the more environmentally friendly Propylene. I also think that

using
the easy to dispose propylene would encourage me to change more

frequently.

Secondly, if I do change, do I have to flush out all of the old, or is it
sufficient to just drain it?

Do you have an owner's manual for the engine? It would probably tell you.
Failing that, contact a local Yanmar dealer. Mechanics are a frequent
source of misinformation.
--
Evan Gatehouse

you'll have to rewrite my email address to get to me
ceilydh AT 3web dot net
(fools the spammers)