BAR[_2_] BAR[_2_] is offline

Default Obama endorses slavery

In article , payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

wrote:
On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 13:08:02 -0400,

On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 22:58:26 -0700,
wrote:

On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 20:20:15 -0400,
wrote:

On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 10:03:43 -0700,
wrote:

I already told you, I expect a means test and raising the retirement
age more than they already have. (it isn't 65 anymore, in case you
haven't noticed)

And, several people have already said that the "means" test already
exists for SS in the form of taxes. Why are you saying this over and
over?
Boater also points out the means test only takes about 12.5 to 23% of
the SS if you make over 32k. I am talking about a means test that will
take a lot more of it as your income increases up to 100%
So you want a 100% tax on SS? That's just plain weird.

Sounds to me like you're not very familiar with regular income tax.
Maybe you've been out of it too long.

OK let me put this in a perspective you can understand. Do you think a
person making over $250,000 a year in retirement should still get all
of their SS?
I don't. I haven't even applied yet, and I am eligible for the full
amount, which is, what, about $2400 a month? No medicare, either.

The top of the box for age 66 is $2366 if you paid in the max since
1966. (45 years). I only paid in the max for 30 years (66-96), started
drawing at 63.5 years and my check with single 00 withholding is
$1506, Gross is 1772. At 66 that would have been a bit over $2000 as I
recall. I have a statement around here from 2010 with the real
numbers. I think it was $2400 if you wait to 70.

Yeah, my annual statement from SS has a number like that...just under
$2400. I suppose I'll sign up for the monthly check when I'm...old. :)
If my medical bills rise, I'll have myself removed from my union's plan
so I can sign up for Medicare. I don't want to stick my union's health
fund with big bills.

If you are eligible you should take the money now and invest it.