Rodney Myrvaagnes

Default Maine boat charters

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 11:12:26 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

Does anyone know any good charter operators for sailboats or trawlers
in Maine?

I chartered from Hinckley (Southwest Harbor, ME) about 10 years ago
when I managed to damage our boat on the way to Maine. I have nothing
but praise for their handling of everything.

It was pricy, but full service. I would prefer more exciting boats
than they usually handle, but the preparation was exemplary. They
updated the charts, put new propellant cans on board for the horn, and
made sure everything was working at each turnaround.

A friend of mine has chartered from Johansen (SP?) in Camden (with an
office in Rockland as well. He would go with them again. I have no
first hand experience with them.

I assume both have web sites with current listings.

Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a

Capsizing under chute, and having the chute rise and fill without tangling, all while Mark and Sally are still behind you