Default how necessary is a windlass

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 19:38:06 -0700, Mark Borgerson
wrote:

However, part of the problem in that conversion is that you can
get a 36' sailboat in decent condition for about half the cost
of a 36' trawler.

Considering that the trawler probably has more than twice as much
livable space and a lot more comfortable, not such a bad deal. :-)

It's a bad deal for the environment as marine diesel engines are notorious
for the huge amounts of air pollution they spew. And, they drip oil and fuel
and foul the bilges which foul bilge water and fuel dregs are then pumped
into the water.

I never could understand how anybody in their right mind could be justified
in thinking that their fun takes precedence over folks who wish to breathe
clean air. It's such a me me me, selfish attitude. It reeks of elitism and
hypocrisy.

Really, it's no different than Al Gore flying all over the glove in his
private jet then complaining about how much pollution and CO2 other people
are responsible for.

Yah, right!

Wilbur Hubbard