catherine newman power catherine newman power is offline

Default merc 25 hp

I have 2006 merc 25hp 4 stroke with only 50hrs..the lower end bearing
seized due to fluid loss during a fishing trip. the dealer took it
apart. no gear oil. dealer could only say he thought the seal failed.
isn't sure why. I have extended warranty but merc is saying it is
probably not covered ..there was no obvious sign of wear or fishing
line etc..Merc is stalling me since November saying they want to talk
to the mechanic, who unfortunaately does not work in the winter( i'm
in ontario Canada).. they want him to determine the reason..my
warranty says " mechanical failure" is covered.what is this and can
the mechanic satisfy them so the warranty will cover it.could there be
another explanation as to why the fluid leaked. the mechanic didn't
pressure test the lower unit he just took it apart..the water pump
gasket I believe is ok as I never lost pee hole pressure..also if merc
won,t make good who could I call..I dealing with warranty and
cuatomer service currently. ANY ADVICE WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED
Sincerely Frustrated
Bruce