K Smith

Default The early FICHT years question

del cecchi wrote:
"K Smith" wrote in message

del cecchi wrote:

snip

Thanks for the patent pointer. The voice coil in a speaker or in a

disk

drive is in a magnetic field from a perm. magnet, and is attached to

the

cone or arm. I'm having trouble figuring out how the voice coil

creates

the fuel pressure. Push on a rod or diaphram maybe?

I'll take a look at the patent when I am on wideband.

del cecchi

I mentioned at least a year ago that Ficht were mucking around with
capacitors, trying yet again to get something for nothing (NB patent
date 4 June 2002).

Recovering energy from the magnetic field and storing it in a capacitor
to be reused isn't something for nothing.

Exactly!! & this encapsulates their problem, to take pressures from
circulation to anything worthwhile in DFI terms (remember Yam are now up
at 1000psi of petrol) then back down to circulation again to recharge
the chamber in the time available per stroke for a high revving 2
stroke, takes energy & lots of it?? How much?? don't know, but you &
Marcus were starting to work it out years ago but ......

The impact injectors don't really increase the fuel pressure they just
impact velocity. The ups & downs cancel each other save some small
spillage, which isn't even a pump as such. i.e. there is no actual
displacement of the fluid.

In short this is Ficht sans the name & if you read the patent look at
the effort they've put into making sure there's no mention of what
happens inside the "pump" part i.e. it's still the same old impact

pump

with the same original defects from 98 not enough pressure, not enough
flow, not enough atomisation & still trying to meet regs with lean
mixtures, all = detonation failures in too high a percentage to be a
commercial proposition.

Actually there is a patent under Bombardier for a spiffy new nozzle
also. :-)
And one on cold starting.

They're prolific as OMC were. I think we've discussed before it's a tactic.

Hard to imagine the workings of an injector for an idling 3hp engine,
isn't it?

Well it's a spruiking story I'm sure we'll hear oft enough as they try
to sell these things again, we heard some doozies the first time around
& as then some will believe & some won't, however I'm hoping this time
people will be at least a bit wary of the dealers BS.

snip

It can't work any more than the original Ficht did & as then, the same
NG dealer lackies will deceive, spruik & BS.

It's their job. :-) If they didn't believe the mfg, then they couldn't
be dealers of that brand for long.

I guess that's fair enough but this NG is different, if they want to
advertise with deceptions there are plenty of forums etc for that, this
is supposed to be open discussion without spam. I accept I overreact but
don't apologise, I've had a flogging from these individuals over the
years & will not be silenced by bullies this time anymore than I was the
first time.

I haven't had time to read the patents well enough to see if there is
momentum involved or if it is a straightforward hydraulic pump deal.

They don't say; the patent concentrates on the drive system. I suspect
they have a license problem with Ficht if they use any of Ficht's
material & clearly they're desperate to dump the Ficht name (don't blame
them:-)) but to persist with the consumer funded experiments is outright
sad, if not illegal. This time I'm betting the good ol' boys will sue on
mass, as they should have the first time.

del