Bob Bob is offline

Default Cannibal

Why do they charge $100 for that
card ..TIWC? Seems like it's kind of over the top. What does it get
you?

For those who work in the maritime industry/docks etc it is a
requirment to gain access to vessels and other secure areas.. as in
get passed the gate to the dock.

It gets you a fancy ID card that has all of your biometric data,
including fingerprints, encoded on to an internal chip. *All people
involved in public transportation are now required to have one.

as in Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC).

And the Coast Guard officers couldn't care less about even looking at the
damned thing.

Not true........ Ive had USCG boardig team request my "mariners
papers" which included my TWIC

They know it's a farce.

That is a huge assumptoin on your part. The USCG people Ive met were
exemplary professionals. Their personal opinions were not evident.
They were there reperseinting the laws of the land.

They respect the Master License they
issue but they reject the redundant TWIC card.

Respect has nothing to do with it. Pure and simple its a job. They ask
for certain documnets and I as a workig mariner present thoes
documents.

Why? Because the stupid
bureaucrats don't give them scanners for the biometric chip. So what good is
it?

That my friend yould have to ask Geo Bush and the republicans. They
were the ones who created Das Homland Security and the TSA. If you
want to blame somebody blame the republicans for stealing more of our
personal feedoms.

LOL!

Wilbur Hubbard