Frank Maier

Default Flame War here?

(JAXAshby) wrote:
frank, I know you won't understand this, but I am posting it anyway so that
other people can laugh at you.
you see, frank, when someone is REALLY dumb they are too dumb to even begin to
realize they are dumb. most usually these really dumb ones -- such as yourself
-- just go right on claimig they personally knew everything it was possible to
know by the time they got out of 6th grade the second time.
got you have gainful employment, frank. wouldn't want you to be a drain on your
country's welfare system.
you may continue to babble, frank.

Thanks. Here's a babble just for you.

Every time Jax opens his mouth, he's as fallacious as a rapper's
chickenhead is fellatious.

A partial list of Jax's most frequent fallacies:

ad hominem and tu quoque: Jax always goes straight to the ad hominem.
If someone else beats him to an insult ("Jax, you're an idiot!"), his
fallback is the tu quoque. "No! You're an idiot!"

ad verecundiam: Then there are all the famous (to him) people he
knows. This constitutes arguing from an authority. "I know a(n
important) guy who says you can sail upwind under bare poles." And the
self-aggrandizing version, "I had sex with a Playboy bunny. Therefore,
I am a desirable person." Of course, we know that one is *kinda* true.
Masturbating while looking at a certerfold is, technically, having sex
with a Playboy bunny.

ad numerum, refined by ad crumenam: The ad numerum gets him to the
ballpark where he wants to play. "Most smart people (in the Jax
universe) believe X." From there, he refines it to an elitist version
with an ad crumenam. "The very smartest people (Jax himself and maybe
God, on one of His good days) believe XsubY." Usually with an ad
hominem thrown in, just because that seems to be his favorite, "But
*you* are a low-IQ prole and couldn't even understand X, much less
XsubY."

ad nauseum: Y'all know this one. "I'm smarter than all of you." "I'm
smart; you're dumb." "My middle name is MENSA." "My IQ is eight
bazillion, based on a test I took once, given by a group which would
get membership dues from me if I scored at least eight bazillion. And
I did!" "Did I mention how smart I am?" And on, and on...

non causa pro causa: Declaring that independent events actually have a
cause-and-effect relationship. "I couldn't find the Gulf Stream.
Therefore, the Gulf Stream is difficult to find." Well, I guess a
psychologist might wanna call that one "transference" or something.
It's the Gulf Stream's fault, not mine.