Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Sail Boat and Crew Member Lost to Big Seas in the Bahamas

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 09:20:04 -0500, "MMC" wrote:

I was listening to 16 last Sunday when we had the pontoon out in the Banana
River. CG reported a boat turtled off of Miami at around 2:30 and within an
hour and a half, another wrong side up off of Melbourne Beach and a 30'+
Contender 26 miles off of Cape Canaveral "taking on water".
All during a small craft advisory......

Things get pretty gnarly out in the Gulf Stream with a strong
northerly wind. We won't do that in our trawler let alone a small
open boat.