Bob Bob is offline

Default The Ultimate Alternator Project

When I worked in Indonesia the owner of the
company bought a 35 ft. .................

After checking we discovered that with everything on -
electric stove, air con, ice maker, fridge, hi fi, etc. he was drawing
more then 3 Kw which turns the head on the generator engine all black
and blistered...........

He traded the Grand Banks for a
share of a charter business in Bali (which was later sold for a
million, or so) and bought a bigger boat - 65 ft. steel hull motor
sailor which had a gigantic Lister genset.

Cheers,

Bruce

Now that is what I call a satisfactory solution. A 65 ft MOTOR
(sailor) is just the right size for a couple plus occasional company
if they are the sorts who enjoy cooking turkeys, drinking wine, and
hate the inconvienance of doing laundry in those "gross laundromats
(that means Washateria Joe) for where those common people frequent."

I still advocate buying a 10 year old 70' gulf shrimper for most the
people here. Heck $100,000 boat plus $10,000-20,000 for some yard work
and your good to go! And talk about a deep freezer for your turkeys!
Heck you can haul 50,000 lbs of frozen turkey if ya want Plus cary
15,000 gallons of fuel to run those two gen sets.
Bob