Tim Tim is offline

Default Total request for non-ethanol "marine" fuel

On Oct 9, 9:09*am, "A.Boater" wrote:
I thought that was pretty clear.

If you don't personally KNOW that 10% alcohol is a disaster, you aren't
actually USING the boat. An addition of 50% MORE alcohol will be an even
greater disaster.

In the 4 years since MTBE was banned and they stared putting alcohol in
fuel, I have overhauled the carbs on one engine twice and on the larger
boat, was forced to pay to polish the fuel to get the crap out of the tank
before it worked its way into the engine fuel system.

Just the SMELL of the fuel tells you the stuff has a shelf life about equal
to milk.

"If you don't personally KNOW that 10% alcohol is a disaster, you
aren't actually USING the boat. An addition of 50% MORE alcohol will
be an even greater disaster.

Well, I USE my boats, but they have chevy engines in them, they seem
to run on the 89.5 stuff just fine., and I agree that a 50/50 blend is
no really a good nor a practical idea.

And I know the modern stabilizers help the older 2 cycles, but it
seems that the way of the two stroke will probably go the way of the
steam engine.

"Just the SMELL of the fuel tells you the stuff has a shelf life about
equal to milk."

You mean it lasts that long?