jps jps is offline

Default CT Police a little on edge?

On Sun, 08 Aug 2010 08:31:11 -0400, W1TEF
wrote:

On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 10:22:43 -0700, jps wrote:

WTF happened to first amendment rights in CT? Breaching the peace?

Saying that you understand where the guy was coming from doesn't
endorse his actions nor is it a call to action. CT needs to take a
deep, cleansing breath.

Police: Man arrested at Conn. company for saying he understood mindset
of shooter who killed 9

So what would you have done if you were the responding officer?

I'm not a policeman nor to I live in the great state of CT so I'm not
aware of the latitude of decisions available.

Why would a police officer even respond to a call announcing that
someone had said something that was sympathetic to (however ugly) a
point of view?

Whomever took the call might have been smart enough to say that it
wasn't against the law to voice an opinion and that opinion was
neither a call to arms nor a threat to anyone (other than bigots
residing in CT).

CT police need to take a deep, cleansing breath before they cost their
municipalities a bunch of money in the form of a lawsuit.