posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats
Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Gasahol Blues

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 08:36:43 -0400, wrote:

I don't run any sort of inline filter, but if you are having trouble,
due to rust or bad gas, I would suggest that 19 micron is pretty
coarse as your defense. I would have a 10 as my coarse filter and a 2
micron filter between that and the engine.

The filter is good advice. We were having problems with our 4 stroke
Honda dinghy engine until I added an external filter. Since adding
the filter, no problems. When I dump out the filter after changing
the element, there is always a fair amount of crud and water.