jps

Default what are flappers

"Paul" wrote in message
able.rogers.com...

The original poster mentioned that his boat was a 1993 Four Winns 245

Vista
I/O. Do you actually believe that boat would have through-hull exhaust?

Hehe, you totally cracked me up. You're crapping on the poor guy for

making
a mistake but at the same time pulling a nice newbie move yourself by
quoting his *entire* post, forcing us to download and scroll through all
that quoted crap, just to get to your helpful two-line response.

Ahh, sweet irony.

Paul makes a good point that I missed. If you've got an I/O then you don't
have thru hull exhaust. That means the flappers are likely metal plates
that open to pass exhaust gasses out but close if water tries to enter.