Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Pactor emailing (was) On water in the Bahamas

On Sun, 6 Jun 2010 08:25:52 -0400, "Flying Pig"
wrote:

I may have to use several stations to get
a connection (if it doesn't pick up after about 5 "rings" I terminate the
call, because if it can't hear me well enough to start, it's not likely to
persist) to accomplish the multipart upload.

There is one PMBO in Florida who almost never picks up on "5 rings"
but has an otherwise excellent station. I believe he keeps his rigs
on standby and requires a certain amount of time to get them back on
the air. If you connect immediately after he signs off with someone
else, his rig connects immediately.