Bruce[_4_] Bruce[_4_] is offline

Default My wonderful Day In Paradise

On Sun, 30 May 2010 23:41:05 -0500, cavelamb
wrote:

Bruce wrote:
On Sun, 30 May 2010 04:41:10 -0500, cavelamb
wrote:

Bruce wrote:
On Sun, 30 May 2010 00:56:02 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Sat, 29 May 2010 18:32:29 -0500, cavelamb
wrote:

On the outside wood, I'm using Natural Teak Cetol.
Looks good until it starts to fade, then it looks like orange barn
paint.

I must be using a different version although it says "Cytol" on the
can. Mine just looks grungier and grungier until I scrub it down and
put on a couple of more coats. But it never looks "orange", it looks
more like decorating varnish.

Are the different flavors?

Yeah. Four in the marine flavors.

http://www.yachtpaint.com/USA/sikkens/default.asp

Us poor benighted 3rd world people don't get all those choices. From
memory the cans I have are "Light" and all I have seen here.

On the other hand, there are some advantages. Before I listed the 40
ft. sloop I just sold I had the entire interior refurbished. One piece
of the 1/8" panel that lines the S.B. the side of the cabin top
replaced and everything sanded and revarnished. I don't know how many
coats but a "smooth" finish. Cost me $545 :-)

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

That was cheap labor, Bruce!

I figer I'm working for about ten cents per hour.

Call it love. Heck, no one with a lick of sense would take up with a
boat because it makes sense. Sail one day in a month and work on the
damned thing every day :-)