Barnett22 Barnett22 is offline
Junior Member

Default Fiberglass Help

I came upon a nice Bass Boat (ha ha) on a bad deal. It has several cracks in the hull and is taking on water. I have turned the boat upside down and have sanded the hull. The places where the cracks are I have sanded down to the fiberglass. My plan is to drill holes in the bottom where the hull seams to be weak and inject with injection foam and then re-fiberglass the whole bottom. The I plan to use "work horse" Illiminator fiberglass resin to spray the bottom for blocking and repaint with Imron single stage paint. My question is; will the fiberglass bite to some areas where there is still gelcoat left on the hull or do I need to go all the way to fiberglass all over? Any ideas or comments will be appreciated.........Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Fiberglass Help-smaller_boat_1.jpg  Fiberglass Help-smaller_boat_3.jpg  Fiberglass Help-smaller_boat_2.jpg

Last edited by Barnett22 : May 30th 10 at 02:20 AM Reason: adding tag