fraggy

Default Murray Winch Bearings

hiya
Have you tried a bearing manufacturer ? someone like SKF stock bearings of
all types for 99% of all applications.
If they dont have the exact bearing you could get the next best size and
mod the winch or bearing to accept it.

fragged

"desertsailor" wrote in message
m...
Hello All!

I've been trying to track down a North American source for murray
winch parts. There's a fellow in NZ who can get the parts, but that's
a lot of shipping, particularly since what I really need is the
bearings (pawls and springs can wait), and I'm pretty sure these are
not produced in NZ in the first place.

What I've got is the "two-speed" winches, which have a ratchet on the
top, and a worm gear on the bottom. The bearings are a conical set of
needle bearings in a cage, that support the weight of the drum.
Anyone with experience on these? Please post here, as I'm sure other
murray devotees would appreciate the info.

Many thanks in advance!