hk hk is offline

Default not cut out for live aboard cruisin

On 5/12/10 2:12 PM, Tim wrote:
On May 8, 1:40 pm, wrote:
A couple days ago when I was in Stuart moving my boat, I talked to two
couples who were into long term live-aboard and kinda envied em. Then
I drove back to Tallahassee. When I drove down my very shady winding
street with fresh water ponds and huge oak trees with lots of Spanish
Moss, the contrast hit me between this and the open hot sun exposed to
the wind and salt water of being a live aboard cruiser. I grabbed a
tall glass of ice water and went out onto my screen porch and sat in
the swing watching the fireflies that night listening to the owls
talkin to each other and decided I'll never be a live-aboard cruiser.
I s'pose all of my cruising will be short hops cuz coming home is just
so dang nice. Ligustrum and Magnolia is blooming and their scent is
so thick you can almost taste it in the air. Soon it'll be the
gardenias blooming and then Crepe Myrtle and Kudzu, gawd it's nice. I
guess my ancient age of 54 has caused me to slow down and
smell .....all the plants here and decide I like living on land.

Me either. I dont' have the time, nor the finances. I'm not cut out to
be a live-a-border. But no complaints with those who can and do!

But an occasional weekend or so at the lake works really well with
me.....

I wouldn't mind living on a boat large enough for the creature comforts
we enjoy, and with plenty of room. Probably take a 75-footer, though. :)

--
The Tea Party's teabaggers are just the Republican base by another name.