Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default not cut out for live aboard cruisin

On Sat, 8 May 2010 18:03:07 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

And you are the arbiter of the length of the stop? Is stopping for a night
not cruising any longer? A week? Month? Year?

It's not based on time. Once your boat starts to look like a floating
trailer park and has easily visible bottom growth, you are no longer a
cruiser, just a liveaboard. I call it one step from homeless.

I would readily concede that we are part time cruisers. It works well
for us and there's nothing wrong with the life style. However, when
we're out here for 6 months at a time and 2,000 miles from home, we
are most definitely liveaboard cruisers for the duration.