Tim Tim is offline

Default Bow mount troll motor question

On Apr 29, 12:15*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
I bought a MotorGuide Brute. *I want to mount it on my Lund aluminum boat,
so have to make a mounting plate. *I want to mount it exactly at the point
of the bow. *Should I have the base down the centerline or follow the
gunnel? *I had another boat with a similar mount, but just a little off
center to the right, parallel with the center line. *It pulled pretty
straight, I just had to turn the motor a tiny bit to compensate. *The
current one is mounted on the gunnel about three feet back from the prow, so
it pulls a lot to one side, and it is difficult to get the engine just right
so it tracks good. *It is also too short, therefore the new one. *How would
you do it?

Steve

visit my sitehttp://cabgbypasssurgery.comwatch for the book

A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult..

Sorry steve that I can't help on this matter, but I'm seriously
thinking on getting a motor to mount on the pontoon. It would make a
good bow thruster. especialy for 'parallel parking' LOL!