posted to rec.boats.building
Julien Mills[_2_] Julien Mills[_2_] is offline

Default Didn't winterize my outboard... HELP!!!

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 15:26:46 -0700, Michael D wrote:

I know, I know, I'm, a horrible person, but I just bought a boat at the
end of last year and never winterized the outboard. It was garage kept
but it still got pretty cold this winter. Can anyone please help me
with what I need to do to get my engine back in order and ready for the
season? Is my only choice to bring it someplace? How bad do you think
I damaged the engine by not winterizing it? Thanks,

Yeah I agree, probably didn't do it any harm. I had an old Johnson 135
for years, don't remember winterizing it all that often, just tuned it
up in the spring.