Milan Milan is offline
Junior Member

Hi, I have Autohelm 1000 that was very good companion for a number of years, but has developed a fault recently. Would you still have the schema documents? I'd rather save the old one I have than buy a new one. I like the old design and there is a cost thing as well...

Cheers

Milan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
You are correct, Some where I have a file with a schematic from a fellow who
"Reverse Engineered" the Autohelm circuit boat. I think it was for the AH
and not the much older Combi units.

I can't find that file on this computer and it should be on another that is
not on line right now. I will try to recover that file and post it for you
in the next couple days.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

"rhys" wrote in message
Google told me that Steve of "Good Intentions" appears to have once
had old Autohelm schematics. I have a working tiller pilot that
strongly resembles the one in this manual

http://www.raymarine.com/raymarine/S...H800Analog.pdf

and I have a second one in superficially better shape that isn't
working and has the sound of small pieces moving inside the casing.

So my plan is to fix the non-working one, or scavenge parts. The best
way to do either is with a schematic. So if anyone can guide me to
one...

One puzzle is that I could have sworn the units were called Autohelm
1000s. They are pre-interface with anything, and work simply with an
"off/calm/rough/vane" switch, and a compass heading dial. But the
AH1000 manual on the Raymarine site shows a push-button (more recent)
model, with the only "dial" tiller pilot being the AH800. Mine has the
standard two-pin 12 v plug and mounts on the starboard locker top and
just "sits" on a pin on top of my tiller, around the mid-point. It
works so well that I see no need to change it, particularly if I can
revive or scavenge its twin, disposed at the "free stuff" locker at my
boat club.

So hailing Steve, or anyone with a lead on how to troubleshoot these
old machines.

TIA,
R.