Cindy Ballreich

Default refinishing counter tops

I have to refinish our galley countertops. These are surfaced
with fairly thick teak veneer (in good shape) which has been
previously finished with varnish. I would like to keep the
current teak (rather than replace with formica or corian). I also
want to keep the clear finish, but the varnish hasn't held up
well and I would like to consider other options. I'm looking for
something that holds up well in a marine environment, which can
handle the day-to-day bumps, drops, splashes, and spills, and
which will last for as long as possible. I would also like
something that can be removed without destroying the teak when it
(inevitably) needs to be refinished - which is a concern I have
about epoxy products. I'm hoping that someone out there has done
a project like this and might be willing to share their experience.

Thanks

Cindy

--
the return email is a spam trap
send legit emails to cindy_at_ballreich_dot_net