Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Sailing the Northwest Passage - Summer 2009

On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 06:08:21 -0800 (PST), Roger Long
wrote:

On Dec 10, 2:41*pm, Wayne.B wrote:
Just ran into this interesting account of a fellow who took his
Westsail from NY to San Francisco the hard way last summer:

http://www.yachtfiona.com/northwestpassage2009/newsletter1.html

Did you note that the fellow was born in 1932. He single handed the
last leg from Dutch Harbor and this trip was just last summer.

There's hope for us old folks yet.

Yes, he must be a tough old guy, apparently tough on his crew also.
:-) Dutch Harbor is not a great place to abandon ship unless you want
to be a crab fisherman.

It was a heck of a trip though, one that I have often dreamed of but
will probably never attempt. It's fun to follow his route on Google
earth as you read his description. My desire to sail in the high
latitudes has been severely tempered by 6 years here in the near
tropics of south Florida.