cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default Vent filter

Bruce In Bangkok wrote:
On Tue, 08 Dec 2009 07:42:07 -0500, wrote:

On Tue, 08 Dec 2009 18:07:55 +0700, Bruce In Bangkok
wrote:

fOn Mon, 07 Dec 2009 18:29:11 -0600, Vic Smith
wrote:

On Tue, 08 Dec 2009 07:15:17 +0700, Bruce In Bangkok
wrote:

On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 13:37:17 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 09:37:30 -0800, Gordon wrote:

This filter supposedly stops odor so why not vent inside?
It will lead to problems sooner or later. Peggie is a big advocate
of freely venting the holding tank with lots of fresh air. At the
very least, the filter will impede that venting. At worst the filter
will become clogged sooner or later and cause the tank to pressurize.
Use your imagination on where that will lead.
Perhaps I miss-remember Peggy's advice but I have the distinct memory
that Peggy suggested large holding tank vents and felt that a supply
of oxygen was necessary - I seem to remember 1 inch vents?. I can't
see that adding a charcoal filter to the system is going to cause
troubles assuming that it doesn't impede air flow but why vent inside
the boat - what advantage is that going to give you?

Disadvantage. Better venting due to increased airflow outside.
Time to rant.
First, I don't have a boat, but so what?
When I get a boat, it will have an Airhead or equivalent.
Every owner account I've read has been a good review.
Not suitable for "party boats" or more than 4-5 crew, but for a couple
or a couple with a couple kids it's fine.
No holding tanks, hoses, valves, pumpouts, etc.
And no stink.
Only reason I can figure they aren't more used is simple ignorance,
and the marine head parts industry poo-pooing the idea.
Rant over.

--Vic
What is an "airhead"? I've only ever heard that term used in reference
to ditzy blonds..."she's an air head".

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

It's a composting toilet at an insanely inflated price ($1K!) that
doesn't out-perform a $79 porta-potty in actual use.

I'm not a real aficionado of marine toilets at any time but a thousand
dollars to take a crap?

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

The temperature is dropping like a barrel over Niagra Falls today.
Supposed to be 21 at noon today and hold for a few.

Since this is the first boat I've ever had that has plumbing I'm
kind of nervous about all that plumbing freezing up.
So the last few days have been spent digging through her bowels
trying to get all the lines emptied.

I'd almost (today) prefer a cedar bucket.

I may feel different about that in April though.

Richard