Frogwatch Frogwatch is offline

Default The perfect boat

Maybe the perfect boat is one that is paid for. I am constantly
looking for a solution to the problems of high slip fees,
trailerability, my need for shoal draft, etc. This has prompted my
interest in the Presto 30 and sharpies in general.
However, my old S2 was long ago paid for and with 3'10" draft can go
many places most sail boats cannot go. She is also seaworthy (newish
standing rigging and sails etc) and familiar. I even replaced her
engine a few years ago to make her better for long trip under mostly
power.
The cost of a new boat would pay for many years of slip fees. Now
that my daughter and her bf (probably will be her husband) have
graduated and want to do some cruising, I have them to help move the
old S2 about on the coast from place to place.
I'll probably stay with my good old boat for awhile.