posted to misc.rural,rec.boats
[email protected] jpjccd@psbnewton.com is offline

Default Asian Carp Barrier Act - Healthy Lakes - Healthy Lives

On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 11:28:55 -0500, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

Per :
Here are a couple of videos clips that illustrate the direct dangers
posed to boaters;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS7zkTnQVaM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ChwJiKKBdA

Is it the noise from the boat's motor that makes them jump?

That's my understanding. But the carp will jump ahead of an
approaching boat, too. I'm no expert, though. I was speaking with a
retired CAT employee last year who belongs to a Carp Anglers Group in
the Tazewell county area. He told of an an incident in which an Asian
Carp hit a boater in the face, knocking her out of her boat. The
water wasn't deep where she fell in; but, where she fell was very
muddy. Her face was very bloodied, and being stuck in the mud and
water up to her shoulders, she had to wait for someone to come along
to extract her. This apparently happened on the Illinois River.