posted to misc.rural,rec.boats
[email protected] jpjccd@psbnewton.com is offline

Default Asian Carp Barrier Act - Healthy Lakes - Healthy Lives

On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 10:12:29 GMT, Grizzly wrote:

wrote:
On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 20:19:05 -0800, "mgg" wrote:

"carp."

Maybe they simply aren't palatable... even for fish sticks. I know nothing
about them. Maybe fertilizer? Hell, the pilgrims used to use lobster for
fertilizer, since they were so plentiful. Carp... the next lobster? Who
knows.

--Mike

What you're suggesting isn't to far off from what is in this article;

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=5542199

In this case the fish weren't pet industry fish, nor were they imported
as a food species like the german carp were..The stupid friggin' federal
government imported them for use in sewage treatment plants..Big ****ty
fish..I think people should catch them and mail them back to the federal
government..In fact I think we should have a send a carp to D.C.
campaign wherebye each and every senator, congressman and other federal
official recieves a percentage of the carp population via the mail, UPS,
and FedEx..They should of course be at least three days old upon arrival
and not packed in ice..

Here are a couple of videos clips that illustrate the direct dangers
posed to boaters;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS7zkTnQVaM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ChwJiKKBdA