Edgar Edgar is offline

Default Props - what to put on them

"Hanz" wrote in message
What is the current (?) item to put on props to keep barnacles off??

I haven't found anything that lasts whole season but currently use some
highly expensive stuff Volvo sell in a spray can for their outdrives. Works
pretty well for most of the season and most barnacles never get hold hard
enough to avoid being flung off until near the end of the season.
I have had some thoughts about trying the sort of paint that local
authorities use on the walls of public toilets to enable them to wipe away
graffiti. It has no antifouling properties to dissolve away but is just a
very slick surface that nothing can stick to. Made some enquiries and found
that the smallest amount you can buy is about 5 gallons so have not been
able to test the idea in practice. If i find one of their men painting a
wall with it I will try and borrow a small quantity for a trial.