Bob Bob is offline

Default Bob **** speall

Here ya go Joe..............

Read it and weep....

http://www.uscg.mil/nmc/checklists/M...C.pdf&B1=GO%21

Pay close attention to the

1) OICNW course requirment
2) AB requirment..
and that aint no bayou OSV AB rate. You need the real AB rate Special
higher with STCW Lifeboatman etc.

Oh, I read about your Houston Maritime training school closer. Looks
like they are a Division of Alford Safety Services, Inc .... Houma,
LA .

Alford is the same place I took my SafeGulf training. THe only thing
I can say about that place was the Hilocopter ditch was very good. The
water survival/safety was a ****ing joke....... The instructor tossed
some junk in the pool: rubber boots, plastic trash bags, buckets and
then told us that was our survival equipment.......

NOTHING about hypotherma
NOTHING about IMMERSION suits because "its too hot to use them in the
pool"
20 min about THe survival craft, a typical 25 person inflatable. We
spent about 10 min with it in the water.

ONE THE OTHER HAND.......... When I took my Basic Safety Training/
Lifeboatman/water safety courses in Astoria, OR we spent an intire 8
hours in the pool learning immersion suit and survial craft drills.
very comprehenisve. The whole set took 10 days. and of course was
fully STCW compliant. But down in the bayou that sort of training isnt
required. All ya need is a plastic garbage bag and friends so tight id
call em family.
'
Joe you can have it all and dont worry I wont let the door hit me on
the way out.
Bob