Steve

Default overwater boat delivery

"Terry" wrote in message
t...
I'm retired and recently got the 6 pak and Master's license. I'd like to

get

Ah! But what type of boat experience do you have?? Sail, Power? Size? Type
of passages, coastal or offshore and in what crew position?? It's one thing
to satisfy the USCG requirements and pass a written test, it's another to
satisfy the requirements of a private owner..

Most delivery skippers get their find deliveries by word of mouth, based on
their reputation.. It might help to do some deliveries as a crew and a
referral from that skipper.

Brokers are another possibility for referrals..

You will also need a reliable source for a crew and serving as a crew a few
time might provide this..

Bottom line: Do a good delivery, on-time, with no damage or unexpected
expense to owner and that happy owner will pass the word around.. Screw it
up and he will bad mouth you all over the waterfront.

--
My opinion and experience. FWIW

Steve
s/v Good Intentions