Kelton Joyner

Default BVI Charter Co's. - Good and Bad Ones?

I have chartered with the Moorings in the BVI and the windwards several
times. They provide great service, trouble free boats, lots of local
knowledge, will do full, partial or no provisioning (we always provision
ourselves). The Ample Hamper in West End has an online site that you can
order provisions and they will deliver to the Moorings dock.
While you can get "bargain" charters, remember, you get what you pay
for. You also get what you don't pay for at the low-cost charter
companies. Older boats, boat systems that quit part way through your
cruise, etc. If you want more info on local places of interest, dive
sites, etc., send an email.
Kelton
s/v Isle Escape

Richard wrote:
We are planning a 10 day charter to the BVI's and note that there are many
charter companies who all purport to be the best. For those that have 'been
there, done that', what have your impressions be about the company that you
chartered with? With regards to sailing in the BVI's what are your 'lessons
learned' - what worked and what didn't work? TIA. Much appreciated.

---