Default Tsunami aboard yacht in American Samoa!

"Larry" wrote in message
I'm going to post this email I got from another ham friend just as he
sent it. It is an amazing story with lessons for every sailor and crew
on the planet. I'm very sorry I cannot stop my Xnews from wordwrapping
it. It's below my name:

-- Larry

snip

Stupid people! They are pretend sailors and no seamen. Real seamen know if
an earthquake strikes when you are at a dock - a stupid place to be in the
first place -the first thing you do is get off the dock and out into open
and deep water where a tidal wave will do you no harm. The same thing goes
if you are anchored in a harbor - get the **** outta there.

If these idiots would have put down their coffee and headed out to sea
immediately when the shaking and noise commenced, instead of standing around
with their thumbs up their asses they would not have suffered any trauma.

Even elephants are intelligent enough to head for high land when they feel
an earthquake. Why is it that human sailors are too stupid to see to their
own safety by heading for deep water?

Wilbur Hubbard