HPEER HPEER is offline

Default Newfoundland Charts and Guides

Armond Perretta wrote:
I am looking for Newfoundland charts, both paper and disk. Used charts in
good shape are also of interest. Disk-wise it appears that the only game in
town are the NDI compilations. I already have the "Nova Scotia South"
collection, and it appears that the "Newfoundland East" and the "Gulf of
Saint Lawrence South" will cover our needs. What I am wondering is whether
there are any paper chart collections for the south coast of Newfoundland
that might be a bit more affordable than the individual Canadian
Hydrographic charts. Any thoughts appreciated.

If there are I have not found them and I posted here a couple of years
ago. Some of the older charts are now discontinued but are of a larger
scale than the newer ones. I have a pretty complete set but spent a
fortune on them.

I also have some charts that were somehow copies or scanned into an
image file and georeferenced. They may be of help to you. I could
perhaps make a CD.

However, I am VERY reluctant to pass out an e-mail on this site. Not
sure how to get together to share info. I have a few pics he
http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b384/hpeer/

http://www.puffin-press.com/ provide a Cruising Guide that is pretty good.

You have probably heard it before but....be careful on the South coast.
The charts do not line up well with GPS.

Radar is a MUST.