Frogwatch Frogwatch is offline

Default nice canoe trip

Went canoeing/kayaking today on the Chipola River near Marianna in N.
Florida. My wife is very tired from her radiation therapy so decided
ta last minute not to go so I had the 18' Grumman canoe alone while my
daughter was in her kayak. There were 6 other kayaks too. Canoe does
very well with only one person although I am so used to steering from
the stern I sat back there causing the bow o be high. Wind gusts
would pivot her like a wind vane.
River was still a little murky from rain yesterday but the springs
were crystal clear. It was a nice 10 mile trip with enough current to
make it easy and not too much paddling. We saw several small caves in
the banks the kids explored. A nice way to spend the day.