Gordon Wedman

Default Blue water cruising boat

I looked at a couple of those early '80s Hunters with cutter rig and
skeg-hung rudder. I thought they were pretty decent boats. I think these
early Hunters were built with more serious sailing in mind and are probably
more heavily constructed than newer models. If its in good condition after
20 years it will probably last a fair bit longer.

"DIVINDAV" wrote in message
Hunters aren't considered a legitimate blue water boat, but what about the
Hunter 37 by Cherubini? It specs out pretty good, except for the engine

HP on
some. I've been concentrating on Pacific Seacraft (pricey); Cape Dory,
Contest, Niagara, Rival type boats. The Hunters are priced significantly

less.