Armond Perretta[_2_] Armond Perretta[_2_] is offline

Default GPS Not Recognized

Wayne.B wrote:
"Armond Perretta" wrote:

When I use the combined GPS/AIS data ... each of the applications can see
the data and successfully plot the ship and any AIS targets ... if I next
feed the straight GPS signal and bypass the SR 162 ... only Capn 8.3 can
see this data. Both SeaClear II and OpenCPN do not.

OpenCPN may require you to select something other than "AIS Port
(shared)" on the settings menu. Supposedly it will auto detect GPS
data settings, seems to work for me.

I tried just about every combination of settings in OpenCPN but it's still
the case that the combined GPS/AIS signal works for all apps, but the
straight GPS signal is seen only by Capn 8.3. BTW, I am testing Capn 8.3,
OpenCPN, SeaClear II, and something called NavMonPC, which is a sort of data
front-end.

--
Good luck and good sailing.
s/v Kerry Deare of Barnegat