Steve

Default Toilet Question

I recently bought a boat with the following head setup: Groco toilet with
Jabsco electric conversion model 29200-0120. I have to take it apart to
replace a leaky base gasket, but was wondering if putting a manual pump back
on would give more reliable service. Other than the leak, the electric unit
seems to work fine. Does anyone have observations/experience as to the
quality and effectiveness of this particular piece of equipment?

Also, as the unit contains a macerator, which I assume manual pumps do not,
I was wondering if this would have any benefit with regard to reducing the
likelihood of the holding tank pump-out tube becoming blocked with solids
when trying to pump the tank.

Thanks,
Steve H.