Doug Dotson

Default Fuel transfer/polishing pump

I don't think mine is a well built marine fuel tank. But is what I have.
I'll know more when I open it up this winter an peer inside.

Doug

Subject: Fuel transfer/polishing pump
From: "Len Krauss"

As for stirring up the crud, one guy told me he shoots a jet of air

around
the bottom of his tanks. Has a small L-shaped copper tube on an air hose,
and with it tied to a dowel/rod pushes it to bottom and "aims" it around.
He'll them sometimes just let the thing bubble away while polishing to

help
keep particulate matter in suspension.

But he is only stirring up one baffeled area in the tank unless he has

access
plates to each area.

No offense, but how many of you have actually seen the insides of a well

built
marine fuel tank?

Capt. Bill