Doug Dotson

Default Fuel transfer/polishing pump

Makes sense, but there is quite alot of evidence out there that
a polishing system is a good thing to have. I can't really
increase the size of my on-engine filter. I could increase the
size of the Raycor, but at the pore sizes I run (30 micron) in it make it
necessary to change the on-engine filter regularly as well.
Bigger Raycor won't fix the problem.

Doug

Subject: Fuel transfer/polishing pump
From: "Doug Dotson"

Unfortunately that fuel clogs up the filters. That is the entire problem.
Having clean fuel in the engine fuel system avoids the problem.

Just go up a size or two in your filters. The surface area difference

between a
500 Racor and a 900 Racor is tremendous.
Many times on a boat with filter clogging problems, I have just installed

larger filter system and the time between changes has gone back to normal

with
no more clogging in heavy seas problems.

Capt. Bill