Earleybird47

Default boat hull Number and registration

several years ago I purchased a sailboat at a us Marshall sale. I recieved
documents listing a manufacturer ( one off custom) which was the builders last
name and a hull number. I registered the boat in my home state with the
numbers given. Now after several years of a major refit it is ready to launch
in the spring. My problem or should I ignor it is there is no number anwhere on
the hull. I did find however a Canadian official number name and rated tonnage
engraved in a deck beam per Canadian regulations, which was hidden by matching
color tape. Upon checking this registration number was no longer registered in
Canada. My question is what should I do? Engrave nubers on the boat to match
my court ordered bill of sale or leave as is hiding the old canadian numbers
por other options. I hate to have some puplic official in a small third world
country take issue with my ownership.