posted to rec.boats.paddle
Joe[_7_] Joe[_7_] is offline

Default Any good fla****er paddling in West Virginia?

My wife and I are basically fla****er paddlers, aside from not having
decent whitewater skills, we like places where we can paddle around
and return to where we started, avoiding the hassle of car shuttles,
etc. We're thinkig of heading out to West Virginia and wonder if
there are any good places to paddle. We're looking at anything north
of I-64 and withing 5-6 hour drive of Baltimore or Washington. There
are a number of lakes, but from the web research they all have
motorboat traffic. Some of them might not have that much traffic that
it matters (we paddle on lakes in Maine that have motorboats that are
easily avoided), but I wonder if anyone has any information about nice
places where you don't have to do a car shuttle and you won't be run
over by motorboats and jet skis..