Calif Bill[_2_] Calif Bill[_2_] is offline

Default Libs vs Cons

"jps" wrote in message
On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 12:11:46 -0700 (PDT), Frogwatch
wrote:

I just dont like being told what to do whether it be by Libs or Cons.
Cons are traditionally the party of religion but hardly anybody takes
the religious right serriously so I ignore them. It seems to me that
it is always the libs attacking personal freedom and demanding
adherence to their ideas whereas cons at least believe in
individuality. If the Cons started demanding I go along with their
ideas I'd resist them too. I resist the religion of Obama for the
same reason I resist Conservative religion, most religion is just
nuts. Libs wanna force me to pay for health schemes I do not think
will work and I know will bankrupt all of us so I resist that.
Likewise I resisted the parts of the patriot act that required
librarians to turn over records (eventually overturned).
My point in all of this is that for me it is not a matter of Liberal
vs Conservative because I am simply not conservative. It IS a matter
of freedom vs servitude.

I don't believe in roads, bridges or interstate highways. Why should
I have to spend my hard-earned money on cement?

I demand the government not make me invest in cement.

That is under the reasonable taxation. That is what government should be
doing. Not inserting themselves in most every facet of our lives. The
Fed's now spend about 400% of the what they spent 40 years ago, adjusted for
inflation.