Dennis Pogson[_2_] Dennis Pogson[_2_] is offline

Default NOTHING is better than sailing!

"Richard Casady" wrote in message
On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 07:55:57 -0700 (PDT), "Capt. Rob"
wrote:

These Florida-built 50's were better, in my opinion, than the
French-built Beneteau's.

You ever check out a French auto? The FF screw up nearly everything
mechanical more complicated than a wine press. [And, I understand, all
of those are now German.]

Casady

Some of the French-built boats (pre-1990) are excellent. I sail occasionally
on a Beneteau First 40.5, and think she is the best Beneteau I have sailed
on. Ticks all the boxes, and is a joy to sail.

The Florida-built 50's, usually with winged keel and shallow draft, are
finished to a very high standard, certainly comparable to many "classic"
yachts from Scandinavian builders, most of whom have now gone bust.

Dennis.